Okay for those who don't know where to start maybe this will help!
Here is my friendly check list...
• Blog/Website (is it user friendly? Is it up to date with all your book covers)
IS YOUR NAME ON THE FRONT HEADER OF YOUR BLOG?
You have no idea how many people don't have their author name as their Header. It is by far the MOST IMPORTANT
thing to have on your blog...Hands down.
Okay that said moving on...
1. Is there a contact me area for readers to email you with questions? This can also be your about me page.
2. Is there a page to talk about WIP readers love to know what you are working on?
3. Is there a button to have people follow your blog by email? A link to follow you on twitter/FB ect-- make it one click easy!
4. Is there a page with all your books? If you only have one then start with a page for just that book. Blurb, excerpt (only after line edits are done please), cover, and any reviews you might have gotten.
5. Do you have too many graphics? Music playing in the back ground? Think about removing those. (nothing gets me off a site quicker then music in the background)
6. Do you have a Press Kit. Check out this site to see an amazing one http://www.sloanparker.com/press.htm
7. **** Do you have cover art on the main page somewhere, like in one of the side columns. Please this is your best marketing tool. USE IT (people will come back to you blog and go what was that book she was talking about, if you make them search through archives of old blogs you will probably lose a sale.)***
• Facebook/Twitter/Tumbler use the one you are most comfortable with.
1. Do you have a FB profile page that people can tag?
2. Do you post about fun things not related to writing or your book?
3. Are you # properly on twitter?
4. Do you engage other readers, authors, people?
5. Do you have your Cover art in a COVER ART album on your FB page. With Links on where to by it?
• Do you have your blog/website links on the above?
1. If the reader has to search for your website they won't. Make sure links are in the about you on Facebook and in your profile on Twitter.
• Have you starting looking at places that will host you when your book comes out?
1. Make sure to look outside the authors find a few places that will host you. Give away a book, do an interview. You love your book this is when it’s okay to brag and sell. You are excited we get it. We want to be excited for you.
2. Do Character interviews READERS love those.
• Have you asked for help?
Other authors are almost always willing to help and remember when you help others they are more willing to help you.
• Have you set up a google alert on your Pen Name and book title?
To do so go here http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en
• Is your Profile up to date on Amazon?
You can't set up an Author page on Amazon until your book comes out. But once its live please set one up. Studies show that people are more likely to buy again from authors with pictures on their author page. https://authorcentral.amazon.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://authorcentral.amazon.com/
Hope this helps, I am always happy to work with new authors and look at Blogs just email me and ask.
Dominique is a multi-published award winning author. She is the creator of the Wiccan Haus series. When not writing you can find Dominique behind the lens of her camera.
What doesn't kill us makes you stronger. But is their love strong enough?
Lucas Sherman wanted one thing in life. Never to set eyes on his ex-fiancé Kiloran O’Connor again. But no one said life was fair. Now with a stalker hunting both of them Lucas is forced to put his distrust and hatred to the side to keep them both alive.
Kiloran only ever wanted to keep Lucas safe. But no matter how hard she tries danger seems to be a step behind them. Now creating a public front can she break through the wall Lucas has erected around his heart? Those same walls she helped cement.
Can true love conquer and forgive all or will it kill them both?